CALL FOR PUBLIC COMMENTS – 20 October 2017 – 08 December 2017
1) Notice is hereby given in accordance with the provisions of section 12(3) of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, 2000 (Act No 32 of 2000), section 11 of the Provincial Notice №. 155 of 2016 as published in the Free State Provincial Gazette of 22 July 2016 and the provisions of the Municipality’s Policy on Development and Review of Policies and By-laws of 2012, that the Council of Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality intends to review and rationalize the following set of existing by-laws:
- Public Nuisance By-law
- Traffic Regulations By-law
- Water Services By-law
- Encroachment on Property By-law
- Building Regulations By-law
- Electricity Supply By-law
- Child Care Facilities By-law
- Display of Property Numbers & Names By-law
- Control of Collections By-law
- Unsightly & Neglected Buildings & Premises By-law
- Events By-law
- Sporting Facilities By-law
- Fresh Produce Market By-law
- Municipal Land Use Management By-law
- Parking By-law
- Discharge of Industrial Effluent By-law
2) The above-mentioned by-laws for review and rationalization are published for comments and inputs, and copies thereof may be obtained and scrutinized at the following places:
a) Municipality’s website at www.mangaung.co.za.
b) Room 313, 3rd floor Bram Fischer Building, De Villiers Street, Bloemfontein.
c) Municipal Regional Offices: Thaba Nchu, Botshabelo, Bloemfontein and Dewetsdorp
d) Municipal Libraries.
3) Public Hearings for members of the Community will be held as follows:
a) Vanstadensrus:07 November 2017 at 11:00, Thapelong Hall
b) Wepener: 07 November 2017 at 15:00, Qibing Community Hall
c) Dewetsdorp: 08 November 2017 at 11:00, Morojaneng Community Hall
d) Bloemfontein: 08 November 2017 at 16:00, Floreat Hall
14 November 2017 at 11:00, Batho Community Hall
14 November 2017 at 15:00, Kagisanong Hall
e) Botshabelo: 15 November 2017 at 11:00, Simpson Sefuthi Hall
15 November 2017 at 15:00, Botshabelo Arena
f) Thaba Nchu: 16 November 2017 at 11:00, Barolong Hall
16 November 2017 at 15:00, Civic Centre
g) Soutpan: 17 November 2017 at 14:30, Kagisano Combined School
4) Members of the community are invited to submit their written comments or representations to the Legal Services at Room 313, Bram Fischer Building, Cnr Nelson Mandela Drive & Markgraaff Streets, Bloemfontein or at Municipal Regional Offices: Thaba Nchu, Botshabelo, Bloemfontein and Dewetsdorp or at Municipal Libraries or send by fax to 051 – 405 8119 or by post to P O Box 3704, Bloemfontein 9300 or by email to email@example.com to reach them on or before 08 December 2017. Any person, who cannot write, may come during working days and hours to Room 313, Bram Fischer Building, Cnr Nelson Mandela Drive & Markgraff Streets BLOEMFONTEIN, where assistance with the transcribing of comments or representations will be provided.
5) Any queries for clarity in this regard can be directed to the Legal Services Offices of the Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality at telephone numbers 051- 405 8471 or 051- 405 8934.
Adv. Tankiso Mea – CITY MANAGER