1) Notice is hereby given in accordance with the provisions of section 12(3) of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, 2000 (Act No 32 of 2000), section 11 of the Provincial Notice №. 155 of 2016 as published in the Free State Provincial Gazette of 22 July 2016 and the provisions of the Municipality’s Policy on Development and Review of Policies and By-laws of 2012, that the Council of Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality intends to review and rationalize the following set of existing by-laws:
- Outdoor Advertising By-law
- Informal Trading By-law
- Initiation Schools By-law
2) The by-laws under review are published for comments and copies thereof may be obtained and scrutinized at the following places:
a) Municipality’s website at www.mangaung.co.za.
b) Room 310, 3rd Floor Bram Fischer Building, Nelson Mandela Drive, Bloemfontein.
c) Municipal Regional Offices: Bloemfontein, Botshabelo, Thaba Nchu and Dewetsdorp.
d) Municipal Libraries.
3) Public Hearings, specifically for Interest Groups such as Media Associations, Hawkers Associations and Initiation Schools Committees or any other interest groups that might have interests in the above-mentioned by-laws, have been arranged as follows (Any queries for clarity can be directed to the Municipality as per names and numbers indicated in the table provided:
|By-Laws||Date||Time||Venue||Any queries for clarity can be directed to the Municipality|
|Outdoor Advertising By-law||26 September 2017||11H00||Floreat Hall, Bram Fischer Building, Cnr Nelson Mandela Drive & Markgraaff Street, BLOEMFONTEIN||Mr Tilfred Mabusa : 051 405 8076|
|Informal Trading By-law||27 September 2017||Mr Mothoa Molete : 051 405 8918|
|Initiation Schools By-law||28 September 2017||Ms Dipuo Machogo : 051 405 8918|
Or you may contact Mr Thabiso Ramolebo at Legal Services on telephone numbers (051) 405 8471 / 8934 or 082 947 8890 or by e-mail at thabiso.ramolebo.mangaung.co.za.
Adv. Tankiso Mea – City Manager