Click here to download the PDF for the Credit Control and Debt Collection Policy (Final- August 2018)
- This Policy applies to all administrations and subsidiaries within the defined boundaries of the Mangaung Municipality and all customers of these administrations.
- The Credit Control and Debt Collection policy, as approved by Council, has been enshrined in a Municipal policy in terms of the Systems Act and such Policy will be binding on the public, officials, Councillors and subsidiaries of the Metropolitan Municipality of Mangaung and no interference in the process will be permitted. All service providers appointed and providing services in terms of section 76( b) of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, 32 of 2000, shall apply this policy for municipal customer credit collection and control purposes.
- The Policy is applicable until such time as it is reviewed and any revisions to the Policy approved by Council.
- All acts performed in terms of the above approved Policy, will not be invalidated due to the timing differences between approval and promulgation.
- All acts performed as mentioned in the previous paragraph will be ratified with the promulgation of the Municipal Policy.