CALL FOR PUBLIC COMMENTS – 21 May 2018 – 15 June 2018
(NEW PROPOSED SET OF BY-LAWS)
Notice is hereby given in accordance with the provisions of section 12(3) of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, 2000 (Act No 32 of 2000) and the provisions of the Municipality’s Policy on the Development and Review of Policies and By-laws of 2012, that the Council of Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality intends to pass a new set of by-laws, namely
(Click the PDF Links below to download and/or view the specific documents).
- SPAZA / TUCK SHOPS BY-LAW
- STUDENT ACCOMMODATIONS BY-LAW
- CAR WASHES BY-LAW
- LIQUOR TRADING BY-LAW
- COMMONAGES BY-LAW
- STORM-WATER MANAGEMENT BY- LAW
The proposed by-laws are published for comments and copies thereof may be obtained and scrutinized at the following places:
- Municipality’s website at www.mangaung.co.za.
- Room 310, 3rd Floor Bram Fischer Building, Nelson Mandela Drive, Bloemfontein.
- Municipal Regional Offices: Thaba Nchu, Botshabelo, Bloemfontein and Dewetsdorp.
- Municipal Libraries.
Public Hearings for members of the community will be held as follows:
- Vanstadensrus: 29 May 2018 at 10:00, Thapelong Hall
- Wepener: 29 May 2018 at 12:00, Qibing Community Hall
- Dewetsdorp: 29 May 2018 at 15:00, Morojaneng Community Hall
- Bloemfontein: 30 May 2018 at 11:00, Kagisanong Hall // 30 May 2018 at 14:00, Floreat Hall Batho Community Hall // 05 June 2018 at 11:00, Batho Community Hall
- Ikgomotseng/Soutpan: 05 June 2018 at 15:00, Kagisano Combined School
- Botshabelo: 06 June 2018 at 11:00, Nicro Hall, C Section // 06 June 2018 at 14:00, Community Hall, W Section
- Thaba Nchu: 07 June 2018 at 11:00, Barolong Hall // 07 June 2018 at 14:00, Unit 2, Community Hall
Members of the community are invited to submit their written comments or representations to the Legal Services at Room 313, Bram Fischer Building, Cnr Nelson Mandela Drive & Markgraaff Streets, BLOEMFONTEIN or send by fax to 051 – 405 8119 or by post to P O Box 3704, Bloemfontein 9300 or by email to email@example.com to reach them on or before 15 June 2017. Any person, who cannot write, may come during working days and hours to Room 313, Bram Fischer Building, Cnr Nelson Mandela Drive & Markgraff Streets BLOEMFONTEIN, where assistance with the transcribing of comments or representations will be provided.
Any queries for clarity in this regard can be directed to the Legal Services Offices of the Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality at telephone numbers 051-405 8471 or 051-405 8934.
Adv. Tankiso Mea – CITY MANAGER