The 2016/17 MTREF budget is prepared in compliance with the MFMA (No 56 of 2003). The MTREF is a financial plan that enables the municipality to achieve its vision and mission through the IDP Strategy which is informed by the development agenda and community / stakeholder inputs.
The budget serves to bring to light the current council developmental priorities as outlined below:
- Poverty reduction, job creation, rural and economic development
- Financial sustainability
- Spatial development and the built environment
- Eradication of bucket system, VIP toilets in Bloemfontein, Bloemspruit, Botshabelo and Thaba Nchu, as well as roads and the ageing infrastructure.
- Human settlements
- Public transport
- Environment management and climate change
- Social and community services
- Good Governance