CALL FOR PUBLIC COMMENTS
NEW PROPOSED SET OF POLICIES AND BY-LAWS
1) Notice is hereby given in accordance with the provisions of section 12(3) of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, 2000 (Act No 32 of 2000) that the Council of Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality intends to pass a new set of policies and by-laws regarding:
- PROPERTY RATES POLICY: Click here to download the PDF for Property Rates Policy – DRAFT 2012
- PROPERTY RATES BY-LAW: Click here to download the PDF for Property Rates By-Laws – DRAFT 2012
- OUTDOOR ADVERTISING BY-LAW: Click here to download the PDF for Outdoor Advertising By-Laws – DRAFT 2012
- STREET TRADING BY-LAW: Click here to download the PDF on Amended By-Laws on Street Trading 2012
- EXPANDED PUBLIC WORKS PROGRAMME (EPWP) POLICY: Click here to download the PDF on Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) Policy – DRAFT 2012
2) The proposed policies and by-laws are published for comments and copies thereof may be scrutinized at the following places:
a) Municipality’s website at www.mangaung.co.za.
b) Room 701 or 314, 3rd floor Bram Fischer Building, De Villiers Street, Bloemfontein.
c) Libraries / Offices: • Bloemfontein City Library • Fichardtpark Library
• Trevor Barlow Library • Mangaung Library
• BP Leinaeng Library • Bainsvlei Library
• Botshabelo Library • Thaba Nchu Regional Office
3) Public Hearings for members of the Community will be held as follows:
a) Bloemfontein: 26 February 2013 at 15:00 at Floreat Hall
27 February 2013 at 15:00 at Rockland’s Hall
b) Botshabelo: 04 March 2013 at 15:00 at H Hall
c) Thaba Nchu: 05 March 2013 at 15:00 at Civic Centre
4) Members of the Community are invited to address their comments or representations to the Office of the Speaker in writing at Room 701, Bram Fischer Building, De Villiers Street, Bloemfontein or send by post to PO Box 3704, Bloemfontein 9300 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to reach them on or before 15 March 2013. Any person, who cannot write, may come during office hours on or before 15 March 2013 to Room 701 or 313, Bram Fischer Building, De Villiers Street, Bloemfontein where assistance with the transcribing of comments or representations will be provided.
Any queries for clarity in this regard can be directed to the Office of the Speaker or Legal Services Division of the Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality at telephone numbers (051) 405 8667 or (051) 405 8471 respectively.